Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Back To Guatemala


I'm going back to Guatemala this summer! I went 2 years ago in 2007, and had the most amazing time! God really spoke to my heart through that trip, and I can't wait to see what He has in store for me this time. I learned many lessons about myself, what true "servant-hood" looks like, and how to have the "attitude of gratitude" even in hard situations. I saw many people on the roads who looked like they had no hope. I saw people digging through trash for dinner, and I saw people who actually lived in that trash. I saw many kids who weren't as fortunate as the kids who reside in the Home where we work...they had no shoes and thread-bare clothes.
And yet, even though there was so much sadness and pain written across the faces of those destitute people, there is hope for them. There is more than just hope for them, they have a Heavenly Father that loves them, and adores them. He sent His Son to die for them. They need to know that, they need to see that there is hope for them! Guatemala holds a special place in my heart, and always will. Here is a verse that pretty much sums up everything..."How, then, can they call on the One they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the One of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written,"How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!" ~Romans 10 : 14-15
~Paige

2 comments:

Ellie said...

Beautiful lessons that He is teaching us! I am so excited that He is using US to bring that good news and I only hope that I can live up to the calling of sharing the love He gave so freely. I am soooooooooooooooo beyond excited about Guatemala and I can't wait till we are there with those precious kids! See you tomorrow!
Btw, LOVE your profile picture! You look amazing for being so freezing! haha.

Paige said...

Yay! I cannot wait to go back! Only 12 more days!!!! Haha, you weren't kiddin' about the cold. It's a good thing that piture is in black and white, because my nose is so red from the cold! Wasn't it like 30 degrees? What were we thinking? But we did get some awesome pics...:)
~Paige