Sunday, October 10, 2010

Creative Project

I am working on many projects, and this is one of my favorites, sewing! It is one of the more "creative" projects. I love how God gives each person different gifts and abilities, different ideas. Each person can see the same object, but think completely diverse things about it! Each person can be creative in various ways, and hey, we can glorify God in it too!


The pins that hold everything together, a definite necessity!


This is my jacket in an early stage of the "creation" process. :)




the pattern

I really love to sew. Especially era correct costumes for various events. For the past two years, I've been going to a Historical Ball. This gives me something to make a lovely,flowy dress for, and see what everybody else makes. Its super fun,and one of my favorite things to do each spring. (I can put up pictures later)
But I am working on this Victorian jacket, well, because I can! It's can be a bit frustrating,(my machine really tests my patience sometimes!) But overall, I love crafting up my own dresses and designing them. Sewing is becoming a lost art, which is really sad, but I'm glad that I have some friends who love it as much as I do!
Does anyone else enjoy sewing as much as I do? People daydream about all kinds things-food, clothes, styles, current events. Well, I think about, yep, you guessed it! Sewing! What my next endeavor will be, what type of fabric, what look I want, etc. It's true, Mollie. You were right. I am a tiny bit obsessed. Okay, maybe alot!
~P

1 comment:

Noelle Garnier said...

PLEASE post a picture of a costume you've made! I love to sew, too, but unfortunately haven't had much time for it in the past couple of years. It is a remarkable art, though, and it seems that you are very talented at it! I love the pattern and fabric you've chosen for this project.