Tuesday, September 29, 2009

So you think you can...be a ninja???

I always said I would never do any Karate, Tae Kwon Do, Kung Fu, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, or any "Martial Arts". But here I am, a month into Ninja Class-that's what I fondly call it. (a.k.a.-Tae Kwon Do). Ironic right? When G was in karate, I begged Mom not to put me in it as well. She said I didn't have to, for now. So how did I end up doing it then? Good question. As I get older, and start traveling more (into unknown places)etc, I figured I might as well, just do it. Nowadays, almost no place is safe to be by yourself. Ellie said if I did it, so would she. I signed up, not knowing what I was getting myself into. Was it embarrassing? Totally. Especially the first class, but no one else knew what they were doing either, so maybe it wasn't that bad. Admittedly, I've found it kinda fun. We all get to wear our "uniforms", and don't we look cute??!! Uh-huh, yep. We punch, kick and do all that fun stuff. Just wait 'till we get to the nunchucks! Watch out, us white belts are tough! hehe....
~paige

5 comments:

Amanda said...

haha Emily said you and ellie looked like little marsh mellows in your new uniforms :) I think I'm gonna have to come one night so I can see you and ellie's ninga powers :)

Paige said...

Hehe...we sure did. They must use a quart of starch on each uniform.

Ellie said...

Hahaha...heck yes us white belts are tough. We look like Asian marshmallows but those are the best kind.

Emily said...

I throughly enjoy watching you. I have to sneek away from my class so that I can see you but it is TOTALLY worth it :-) Both you and Ellie are doing great. It will get easier!

Dana Michelle said...

This is so funny. :) You are FAR cooler than I. And, you are a really good writer. I can tell just by the way you post your thoughts. Do you ever write anything, because you're talented. :)